Business Organizations and Activities, Health Care
Rachael T. Brant is a Senior Associate in the firm’s Honolulu office and concentrates her practice on Corporate and Health Care law. She has represented clients in matters involving the Medicare and Medicaid programs, compliance with Federal health care fraud and abuse laws, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Immediately prior to joining the firm, Ms. Brant worked at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Office of General Counsel advising the Veterans Health Administration. During her time in Federal service, Ms. Brant also served as an Ethics Counsel in the White House Counsel’s Office under President Barack Obama. Prior to her time in the Executive Branch, Ms. Brant worked in the Healthcare and Life Sciences Practice of a large national law firm.
In addition to her practice at the firm, Ms. Brant is a Major in the U.S. Army Reserve Judge Advocate General’s Corps.
- J.D., 2006, University of Michigan Law School
- B.A., 2003, University of Florida
- Honors: Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Admitted to Practice
- Florida State Bar, 2006
- District of Columbia Bar, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals, 2014
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2014
- Hawaii State Bar, 2017
Areas of Practice
- Business Organizations and Activities
- Health Care