Tax Planning and Controversy Lawyers
Our corporate tax planning lawyers can help you deal with local, state and federal tax issues
Does your business have a comprehensive tax plan? Are you being audited? Do you want to challenge a tax assessment? What’s the best way to preserve your company’s assets? At Torkildson, Katz, Hetherington, Harris & Knorek, Attorneys at Law, we can help your company address tax questions in a thorough, timely manner. Our Hawaii law firm includes three tax attorneys licensed as Certified Public Accountants. Our attorneys serve on boards and commissions including the board of directors of the Hawaii Tax Foundation and the Tax Review Commission of the State of Hawaii. Look to us to address all your tax concerns.
Tax planning and tax controversies might encompass the following:
We take a proactive approach with clients. Our law firm’s tax practice covers all areas of federal, state and local taxation. Our tax attorneys offer the following services:
- Represent your company during a tax audit or in challenging a tax assessment in court
- Address U.S. federal and Hawaii state tax implications due to international transactions
- Structure transactions to achieve optimum tax results consistent with your objectives
- Obtain tax-exempt status and deal with other tax issues facing non-profits
- Counsel non-profits on corporate governance, structure and employment law matters
- Tax Clearance application representation before the IRS and the Hawaii Department of Taxation
Our attorneys actively participate in our community. We regularly teach continuing professional education courses for CPAs and other attorneys. We understand the short- and long-term implications of different tax strategies. We are eager to put our knowledge to work for you.