Employment Compliance, Employment Litigation, Labor Relations
Jeffrey S. Harris represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law as an attorney at Torkildson Katz, A Law Corporation. He has over 40 years of experience.
Mr. Harris advises management to:
- Comply with all wages and hour, employee benefit, leave and prevailing wage laws;
- Avoid discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblower and failure to accommodate claims;
- Manage labor relations according federal law about elections, negotiations, strikes and picketing;
- Maintain the workplace according to safety and health and substance abuse law;
- Effectively protect trade secrets and investment in training employees and
- Comply with notice and other requirements applicable to business sales.
Mr. Harris has successfully resolved many cases involving each above area, by discussion, settlement, administrative decision, motion practice, jury verdict or opinion on appeal. He has helped effectively negotiate several collective bargaining agreements, serving as spokesperson, member or advisor to the team.
Mr. Harris has received many accolades, including a 5-star, AV Preeminent Rating and being named a Top 25 Attorney in Hawaii by Super Lawyers. He is an active member of the community and frequently volunteers his time.
- Top 25 Attorneys in Hawaii (2016 Super Lawyers)
- A Best Lawyer® in America, since 2003
- Listed in Chambers and Partners USA Guide
Mr. Harris serves on the boards of Boy Scouts of America, Aloha Chapter; Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii; Institute for Human Services; and YMCA of Honolulu
- University of Michigan Law School, 1980
- University of California Berkeley, 1977
Admitted to Practice
- All Hawaii state courts, 1980
- U.S. District Court for District of Hawaii
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Ninth Circuit and District of Columbia
Areas of Practice