On Wednesday, September 30, 2015, John Knorek of Torkildson, Katz will speak at the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii's 2nd Small Biz Academy workshop. The Workshop is a half-day series of seminars designed to help those who want to start a business and to help small to medium-sized business owners run their operations more efficiently and profitably. Mr. Knorek will present "Employment 101: Know the law and protect yourself and your business."
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Time: 8:00am - 1:30pm
Location: Neal Blaisdell Center
- 8:00am-8:45am - Social Media Basics. Speakers are Barbra Pleadwell, Partner, Hastings & Pleadwell, and Melissa Chang, Frolic Hawaii.
- 9:00am-9:45 am - Branding 101: Give your company the competitive advantage. Speaker is Doug Harris, CEO, The Harris Agency.
- 10:00am-10:45am - Marketing 101: The basics for small biz marketing. Speakers are John Fink, Manager, KFVE, and Janet Scheffer, President, Mana Means Communication.
- 11:00am-11:45am - Online Marketing 101: How to market your product/service online. Speaker is Asiana Ponciano, Social Media Marketing Specialist, Hawaiian Airlines.
- 8:00am-8:45am - Recruiting & Retaining Good Employees: Interview Basics. Speaker is Erinn Tomlinson, Bishop & Company and Jon Sakurai-Horita, Kama`aina Careers.
- 9:00am-9:45am - Happiness U: Creating a positive workplace. Speaker is Alice Inoue, Founder, Happiness U.
- 10:00am-10:45am - What do Great Managers do Differently? Speakers are Lisa Daijo, Express Employment Professionals and Russel Cheng, Co-Founder, DevLeague and Melia Klancnik, The Hawaii Group.
- 11:00am-11:45am - Employment 101: Know the law and protect yourself and your business. Speaker is John Knorek, Torkildson Katz Moore Hetherington & Harris.
Business Start-Ups and Manufacturing
- 8:00am-8:45am - Starting a Business: Here's what you need to know. Speakers are Reg Baker, CPA, Reg Baker & Company; Joseph Burns, Director, Hawaii Small Business Development Center, and Jane Sawyer, District Director, Small Business Administration.
- 9:00am-9:45am - Chamber 2.0: Growing your business with the Chamber. Speakers are Keenan Porter, Director of Membership Sales and Accounts, Chamber of Commerce Hawaii and Randy Cain, Director of Membership Programs, Chamber of Commerce Hawaii
- 10:00am-10:45am - Government Resources for Manufacturers. Speakers are Mark Ritchie, Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism (DBEDT), and Jayna Uyehara, Business Action Center and James Nakano, Hawaii Foreign-Trade Zone No. 9.
- 11:00am-11:45am - Manufacturing Initiative & Grant Program. Speakers are Wayne Inouye, Director, INNOVATE Hawaii, and Pono Chong, VP of Business Advocacy & Development, Chamber of Commerce Hawaii.
For more information, click here.