Most Hawaii businesses and employers are feeling the economic impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Several businesses throughout Hawaii have had to shut their doors during the economic crunch. In addition, jobless claims and workers in need of sick leave are expected to rise drastically in the coming weeks.
It's critical that businesses and employers understand their rights, the rights of their employees, and the laws put in place while we endure this epidemic.
Torkildson, Katz, Hetherington, Harris & Knorek, Attorneys at Law has provided a list of documents and web resources that can answer any questions you may have regarding COVID-19 and the laws pertaining to employers. We will continue to keep you updated as more resources become available. See the list below.
COVID-19 Resource List:
- Emergency Leave Policies
- COVID-19 and the Law
- DOL Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Poster re: Employee Rights
- Coronavirus-related paid leave and business tax credits
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- COVID-19 and the American Workplace
- Director of Department of Labor confirms employer paid health care premiums for laid off workers do not reduce unemployment benefits.
- Second Supplementary Proclamation
- Emergency Order No. 2020-02
- Maui Mayor's Public Health Emergency Rules
- Third Supplementary Proclamation
- Paid Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act 
- Proclamation Suspending Entry of Immigrants Who Present Risk to the U.S. Labor Market During the Economic Recovery Following the COVID-19 Outbreak
- FFCRA/EPSLA/FMLA Request-Certificate Form
- Second Amended and Restated Stay at Home / Work From Home Order
- Amendment to Ho'oulu I Honolulu 3.0
For further guidance please call your Torkildson attorney.