Hawaiian businesses are being disrupted by stay-at-home orders and social distancing requirements due to COVID-19. As a result, many businesses will seek help from their insurance companies in order to obtain business interruption insurance coverage. This may help with covering payroll, rent, profit loss and other liabilities.
In order to address these issues, attorneys Ron Heller and Brian Tilker will be speaking in a one-hour webinar on Friday, May 8, 2020 from 9-10 a.m. Some of the frequently asked questions attorneys Heller and Tilker will answer include:
- What is business interruption insurance?
- What should you look for in your policies to determine coverage?
- What can you do to preserve and/or assert your rights under your policy?
- Whether government action or case law provides guidance on coverage?
- What is the impact of force majeure clauses on business interruption losses?
The webinar is free for members of the Hawaii Employers Council, as well as non-members.
To register, email Liane Okimoto at email@example.com.