Business Organizations and Activities
Our attorneys assist companies with corporate formation and other business activities in Hawaii
At Torkildson, Katz, Hetherington, Harris & Knorek, Attorneys at Law, we have decades of experience working with companies in Hawaii and worldwide on complex corporate and business law matters. We assist start-ups, emerging businesses and mature companies positioning themselves to grow and thrive in Hawaii. If you have a vision, we can help you realize it.
Our lawyers' depth and breadth of professional expertise enables us to maintain a leadership position among corporate law practices in Hawaii. Our corporate attorneys handle diverse corporate matters including:
- Providing strategic advice on selecting the appropriate form of business entity and preparing all required documentation for establishing, maintaining and protecting the entity.
- Advising boards of directors and management in navigating complex and time-sensitive issues.
- Assisting private companies with debt financings and private placements of equity securities to obtain capital required during the start-up phase of their business as well as to ensure long-term growth.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts on behalf of clients to protect their interests and to help them achieve their business goals.
- Counseling clients on compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Guiding clients through all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and other complex corporate transactions.