Our experienced attorneys possess a wealth of knowledge about Hawaii's compliance laws
Is your company in compliance with all state and federal employment laws? Our nationally-recognized attorneys at Torkildson, Katz, Moore, Hetherington & Harris, Attorneys at Law, can answer this question and help your business address any labor and employment compliance-related issues. Located in Hawaii and serving companies on the islands and around the world, our law firm has decades of experience strengthening internal compliance programs and helping companies address employee complaints when they arise.
Helping Clients Shape Policies
As an employer, your relationship with your employees has become increasingly complicated in recent years. Our attorneys can help your company cut through the confusion and help your business define your legal obligations as they apply to wage and hour laws, leave laws, health care laws, genetic testing, immigration and anti-discrimination and whistleblower statutes. Some of the specific services we provide for employers include:
- Drafting and revising employee handbooks
- Drafting non-compete agreements
- Training employees on compliance with policies prohibiting harassment, discrimination, and workplace violence
- Training managers and supervisors on their obligations under state and federal discrimination laws
- Providing guidance for federal contractors on complying with their Affirmative Action Plan obligations, representing federal contractors during audits by the OFCCP, and providing guidance to federal contractors on complying with the Davis Bacon Act and Service Contract Act
- Analyzing and assisting with employee classification as exempt and non-exempt
- Analyzing independent contractor issues
- Providing guidance in responding to harassment and discrimination complaints
- Providing guidance regarding compliance with leave laws and the duty to provide reasonable accommodation
- Advising employers regarding hiring and termination practices
- Analyzing benefits programs to ensure compliance with Hawaii's Prepaid Health Care Act, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and ERISA
Our attorneys have an astute understanding of labor and employment law in Hawaii. We wrote "The Chamber Desk Manual: Labor and Employment Law for Hawaii Employers," an official book updated annually as a service to the Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii. In addition, our nationally-recognized lawyers often speak to community organizations and industry associations about employment law. Contact our law firm about your employment compliance-related matter. Your business is our focus.