Business Organizations and Activities, Employment Compliance, Immigration, Liquor and Administrative Licensing, Tax Planning and Controversy
Vaughn G. T. Cook practices law as a Director in the firm’s Hawaii Island office. A licensed Certified Public Accountant, not in public practice, as well as an attorney, his practice includes taxation law, general business/commercial law, immigration, and administrative licensing law statewide. Within the taxation area, Mr. Cook’s areas of concentration are international taxation, corporate taxation and general business transactional planning for both profit and non-profit corporations. He also practices in the areas of commercial transactions, advising both closely-held companies and individuals. He has been invited to speak on topics including taxation, immigration, nonprofit and corporate issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Cook was a tax manager with Deloitte & Touche, one of the Big Four accounting firms, in its Seattle office where he represented a variety of clients ranging from some of the largest multinational corporations to closely-held businesses and high net-worth individuals.
- President of the Hawaii County Bar Association, 2009
- President of the Hawaii Island Chamber of Commerce, 2012 – 2013
- Recognized by Volunteer Legal Services Hawaii and Hawaii County Council for outstanding volunteer service
Mr. Cook is a member of the Hawaii Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants. He is Past-President of the Hawaii Island Chamber of Commerce, the Hawaii County Bar Association and the Hawaii Shima Fukuoka Kenjinkai. He is currently Treasurer of the Hawaii Shima Fukuoka Kenjinkai and a director of VASH Hawaii Island (formerly known as the Visitor Aloha Society of Hawaii).
- L.L.M., 2001, University of Washington
- Major: Taxation
- J.D., 1998, University of Utah
- B.S.C., 1991, Santa Clara University
- Major: Accounting
- Minor: Japanese
Admitted to Practice
- United State Tax Court, 2010
- Hawaii State Bar, 2003
- United States District Court, District of Hawaii, 2003
- Washington State Bar, 1998
Areas of Practice
- Business Organizations and Activities
- Employment Compliance
- Liquor and Administrative Licensing