Employment Compliance, Employment Litigation, Labor Relations, Health Care
Robert Katz, Of Counsel, has been practicing law in Hawaii for over 40 years. During that time he has counseled and represented Hawaii, Mainland and International based clients in both the private and public sectors in antitrust, business, employment and labor and health care transactions and litigation. Mr. Katz has appeared successfully before Hawaii and federal administrative agencies, arbitrators and Hawaii and federal courts. He has also represented both public and private Hawaii, mainland and international base companies in labor negotiations. Mr. Katz is an original and continuing co-editor of the Hawaii Chamber of Commerce’s Desk Manual for Employers and its Model Employer Handbook.
- Listed in Best Lawyers, Chamber’s and Who’s Who since inception
- Served as Co-Chair of the ABA’s Employment and Labor Subcommittee on Antitrust and Labor
- First attorney from Hawaii elected to the College of Labor and Employment Law
Mr. Katz serves as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Hawaii Opera Theatre and the Honolulu Contemporary Museum of Art.
- B.A., 1964, Rutgers University
- J.D., 1967, University of Michigan Law School
- Honors: Cum Laude
Admitted to Practice
- Hawaii State Courts, 1968
- US District Court for the District of Hawaii, 1968
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1969
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- U.S. Circuit Court for the District of Columbia, 2014