On Thursday, February 25, 2016, John Knorek of Torkildson, Katz will speak at "Recent Developments Impacting Federal Contractors", a seminar presented by the Hawaii Employers Council. The seminar is intended to help federal contractors get ready to comply with recently issued OFCCP rules and Executive Orders. The speakers will address a number of new legal requirements which federal contractors need to follow in 2016. The topics include:
- Which contracts/contractors are covered by each of the new laws
- Pay transparency requirements and defenses
- Required reporting of federal and state law violations (sometimes referred to as the "Blacklisting" Executive Order)
- Paid Sick Leave
- $10.10 minimum wage
- Required VEVRAA recordkeeping and reporting obligations that increase protections for veterans
- Required Section 503 recordkeeping and reporting mandates that protect individuals with disabilities
- Proposed OFCCP sex discrimination regulations
- Final rules prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Location: Hawaii Employers Council's Kahili Room, 2682 Waiwai Loop, Honolulu, Hawaii 96819
Speakers: Clayton Kamida; John L. Knorek, Esq.
For more information, click here.
Login required to register for event.
For non-members without an account please click here to request an account to register.
For members and non-members with accounts click here to login
Member Price: $40.00
Non-Member Price: $80.00