The latest developments in employment law will be discussed at a Human Resources-certified, day-long seminar on Aug 25 hosted by the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii featuring eight employment law attorneys from Torkildson, Katz, Moore, Hetherington & Harris, Attorneys at Law. The seminar will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Hawaii Convention Center in Honolulu.
The 2017 Annual Employment Law Seminar will feature several talks and seminars. Attendees will receive 5.5 credit hours for attending the HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) certified seminar. Seminar attendees will also receive complimentary online access and a print copy of the recently revised “2017–18 Chamber Desk Manual: Labor and Employment Law for Hawaii Employers.” The manual contains extensive information about state and federal employment laws, labor relations issues and many other personnel-related matters. This is the 20th edition of the manual published by Torkildson, Katz, Moore, Hetherington & Harris.
The following attorneys from Torkildson Katz will discuss employment law-related issues at the seminar.
8:30 – 9:30 a.m. – Attorney John Knorek, a Director at the firm, will provide an introduction and a legislative update on employment law-related matters.
There will also be choice of three different breakout sessions at three different times in the afternoon.
Breakout Session 1-1:50 p.m.
- Conducting Effective Witness Interviews: Austin McCullough and Jennifer Gitter
- Protecting Trade Secrets, Your Business and Your Employees: Jeffrey Harris
- Cutting Edge Discrimination and Harassment Cases from the Courts: Joseph Ernst and Kendra Kawai
Breakout Session 2-2:50 pm
- Immigration Law and the New Executive Order: Newton Chu
- FLSA and Hawaii Wage and Hour Development: Joseph Ernst and Kendra Kawai
- Protected Concerted Activity and the NLRB: Christine Belcaid and John Knorek
Breakout Session 3-3:50 pm
- Legal Developments Affecting Hawaii Employers: Jeffrey Harris and Jennifer Gitter
- Settlement Agreements and the Legal Limits of Negotiating Exit Agreements: Kendra Kawai
- Executive Employment Contracts: Joseph Ernst and John Knorek
To register for the seminar, contact the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii.
2017 Annual Employment Law Seminar
Presented by Chamber of Commerce Hawaii
Date: Friday, August 25, 2017
Time: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Hawaii Convention Center
Address: 1801 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii
Cost: $450 early bird pricing for members before July 27, $480 for members before August 18, $550 for nonmembers.
About Chamber of Commerce Hawaii
Chamber of Commerce Hawaii is a statewide, non-profit organization dedicated to serving as an advocate for businesses throughout Hawaii. More than 2,000 member businesses and organizations belong to Chamber of Commerce Hawaii.